Emergencies seen the same day
If you or someone you know has experienced a traumatic dental injury, the first thing you should do is not panic. Our team at Coastal Cosmetic Family Dentistry® is prepared to handle dental emergencies the same day. For your best chance of recovery you should call us immediately at (910) 933-2408 and we will do our best to get you in as soon as possible. We have two locations in Bolivia and Oak Island for your convenience.
Tooth knocked out?
If you’ve had a tooth knocked out, you should follow the instructions below for the best chance of saving the tooth:
- Pick up the tooth by the crown (the part that is usually visible), NOT the root. The tooth should be handled carefully to minimize damage to the root.
- If dirty, gently rinse the tooth with water. Do not use soap or chemicals, do not dry the tooth or wrap in tissue or cloth.
- Replace the tooth back into the socket immediately, if possible. The quicker this happens the greater chance we have of saving it. Make sure the tooth is facing the right direction. Hold the tooth in place with your fingers or by biting down gently.
- If the tooth cannot be placed back in the socket, place it inside your mouth next to your cheek to keep it moist, or place in emergency tooth preservation liquid, or milk, NOT WATER.
- Call Coastal Cosmetic Family Dentistry® right away at (910) 933-2408.
For the best chance at saving your tooth, you should see your dentist within 30 minutes of the injury, but if well-preserved, there is a chance to save it within an hour or more.
If you’ve experienced an oral injury and are in need of immediate care, please contact your Bolivia dentist or Oak Island dentist – Dr. Michelakis, Dr. Wilharm, Dr. Harrington, Dr. Miller, Dr. Hohl, or Dr. Dobransky – at Coastal Cosmetic Family Dentistry® immediately at (910) 933-2408.